Timber Focus Environmental Policy
We have recognised that through our operations and the activities of our suppliers that we inevitably impact on the environment. Through regular monitoring, reviews and audits we will routinely assess and report on any significant aspects and set targets to ensure adequate control of our environmental performance basis. We have an environmental policy to address any timber environmental concerns.
Timber will not be directly or indirectly involved in the following activities:
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products.
Protection of Forests important part of our Organisation
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations.
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations.
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use.
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations.
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
- We will not source any timber species prohibited under Appendix 1 of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).
The company will ensure where required that proper managerial and administrative controls will operate to enable this Policy to be maintained. We will seek to incorporate the use of processes, practices, materials or products that are compatible with our commitment to prevention of pollution.We pride ourselves on having a Responsible Purchasing Policy.
Timber Focus will comply with all relevant legislation, regulations and any other requirements of industry best practice and will implement any new requirements as considered necessary to achieve compliance.
We recognise that the independent certification of forests and the process chain is the most useful tool in providing assurances that the timber comes from legal and well-managed forests. We will only accept or use labels or certificates which include environmental or sustainability claims if publicly available standards support these, drawn up in an entirely participatory transparent and objective manner and backed by independent inspection. We operate a chain of Custody system. We maintain FSC® & PEFC™ Chain Of Custody certificates which are available on request and are available to download from our website.
- We confirm that the Timber/Timber Products we supply comply with the EU Timber Regulations (EUTR) March 2013.EUTR aims to prevent illegal harvested timber and timber products entering the EU market and follow the Regulations.
- We support the European Union, in particular, the United Kingdom and Ireland – Government Timber Procurement Policy.
- Our suppliers carry out Due Diligence Systems to assess the risk of timber/ timber products being from an illegal source. We maintain documentation of proof of origin on all our Timber/Timber products.
It is the Policy of the company to ensure that all personnel involved in the company’s operations have appropriate training and that every individual concerned understands the environmental aspects, impact and pollution control instructions as part of their roles and responsibilities. We minimise any waste and recycle as much wood products as by-products into pellets, briquettes and utilise our wood biomass systems.
We provide training to ensure continuous improvement and to avoid any misleading claims from our staff.
It is the responsibility of all employees to support and apply those sections of the company environmental systems which relates to their activities within the organisation.
This Policy embraces relationships with our suppliers with whom we will promote improved environmental performance through communication of our policy and objectives. The Policy will also be communicated to our customers and is available to the public when requested.
Please download our Environmental and Organisation documentation from our downloads section.